The Community Foundation of St. Clair County has created the COVID-19 Thumbcoast Regional Response Fund to temporarily hold charitable gifts from local residents, businesses and organizations.
This Fund is designed to give added support to those organizations on the front lines of caring for and assisting vulnerable populations, and those communities where the loss of jobs and benefits, or the closure of institutions and businesses, are creating a significant new burden for community members and the social service organizations that provide a safety net for them.
The Thumbcoast Regional Response Fund was launched with a very nice $10,000 gift from Eastern Michigan Bank. Our friends from DTE Energy Foundation also generously supported the fund with a grant of $25,000. Then we have our amazing local donors, the Kusch Family Fund and an anonymous donor advised fund at the Community Foundation, that initially contributed to our efforts alongside other community members. We’ll continue to grow the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund to have as much local impact as possible.
- Consumers Energy - $10,000
- DTE Energy Foundation - $25,000
- Eastern Michigan Bank - $10,000
- Kusch Family Fund - $8,000
- Northstar Bank - $2,500
- St. Clair Rotary and Rotarians - $6,000
- B. Scott and Claudia Nill - $5,000
At this time, we are dealing with the immediate crisis at hand by supporting our nonprofits on the frontlines. We also know that in the near future our region will begin its recovery phase, and our attention will turn to how we can leverage philanthropy to help get our local economy and small businesses up and running and thriving again.
- $3,882 - Blue Water Clubhouse (Maintaining Relationships)
- $5,500 - Restoration Christian Community Church RC3 (Fitness Project)
- $5,000 - Marysville Food Pantry (Restock food shelves)
- $3,850 - S.C.O.R.E. (Food delivery)
- $3,680 - Misc. Nonprofits (Medical face shields)
- $3,500 - McLaren Foundation (Covid-19 Fund)
- $3,300 - Food Bank of Eastern Michigan (Four semi food distributions)
- $2,788 - Quality Computer Solutions (Face shields and ear savers)
- $2,500 - Mid-City Nutrition (General support)
- $2,000 - Mid-City Nutrition (Disposable items)
- $1,300 - River Rec Teen Zone (Activity bag)
- $25,000 - EDA (Minority Owned Business Support)
- $5,220 - SBDC (Minority Owned Business Support)
- $6,000 - Yale Public Schools (Yale Community Support)
- $1,500 - Port Huron Area Schools (Emergency Assistance)
- $1,500 - St. Clair County RESA (Diapers & baby wipes)
- $1,000 - Woodside Bible Church (Grocery Giveaway)
- $1,600 - Pathway’s Shelter (Cleaning Supplies)
- $5,000 - Michigan Dyslexia Institute (Emergency Funding)
- $2,000 - Sturges Memorial Church (Food Ministry)
- $1,188 - Spero Pregnancy Center (Remote Learning)
- $3,000 - Harbor Impact Center (Food Pantry),/li>
- $5,000 - Emmett Lions Club (Christmas Baskets)
- $5,000 - Bridge Builders (Camp Cavell)
- $5,000 - Autism Alliance of Michigan (GPS Devices)
One hundred percent of all funds will be distributed for coronavirus relief with no administrative fees. Funds will be released on a rolling basis throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis.
See our grants page for more information and to apply for a grant.
We are grateful to our community leaders, partners, and nonprofits who are working quickly and collectively to support those most impacted by this pandemic. Use the links below to support our COVID-19 Regional Response Fund, or the COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Fund.
Donor Advised Fund Instructions
You can donate to the Covid-19 Regional Response Fund or the Covid-19 Small Business Recovery Fund through your Donor Advised Fund:
1. Tell your DAF sponsor you want to support the “Community Foundation of St. Clair County”
2. Grant for the Covid-19 Fund (Specify regional response or small business recovery)
3. Our EIN is 38-1872132
Community Foundation DAF holders using Donor View: log in to request your grant
For questions, email Sue at email@example.com