We want you to know the Community Foundation's reason for existence is to provide a flexible and convenient vehicle for donors having a variety of charitable goals and needs and serve as a steward for individuals, families, foundations, and organizations entrusting assets to its care.
Accordingly, you are entitled to the following:
- To be informed of the Foundation's mission, the way the Foundation intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its governance responsibilities.
- To have access to the Foundation's most recent Annual Report which contains full financial and grant making information.
- Assurance your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive prompt and appropriate gift acknowledgement, recognition and "thank you".
- Assurance that information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all interactions with the Foundation will be professional in nature.
- Receive information about the Foundation's administrative fees and spending and investment policies.
- To have competent administration that can implement procedures to carry out board policies.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, courteous, truthful, and forthright answers.