Pauline Groff Music Scholarship Endowment
This fund established by Patricia Schwarz in memory of Pauline Groff offers music scholarships for outstanding senior student(s) selected by the Port Huron Music Teachers Association.
- 1.The applicant must be a high school senior who is planning on attending a school of music in the fall, or a college freshman currently attending and accepted into a college school of music. Auditions may be conducted before a high school senior student has learned of their acceptance into a music school. If the student is determined eligible for the award, and later learns they are not accepted into the School of Music, the award must be forfeited.
- 2.The applicant must have participated in the National Federation of Music Clubs Festival and or the Michigan Music Teachers Student Achievement Testing with a Port Huron Music Teacher Association (PHMTA) teacher.
- 3.The applicant may choose between sending a video tape or DVD of their performance; one piece must be memorized, to be submitted by date: To Be Determined, or attend a live audition on date: To Be Determined and perform their music memorized. Audition times and location will be determined after receipt of the application.
- Recorded auditions must include: a photo copy (judges will destroy the copies upon use) of the music performed, with measures numbered. The video tape, or DVD must be labeled with the applicants name and titles of the pieces. The performance must include 2 or 3 pieces from different musical eras, in contrasting styles, less than 15 minutes total in duration.
- Live auditions must include 2 or 3 pieces from different musical eras, in contrasting styles, less than 15 minutes total in duration. Original scores, with measures marked, must be presented to the judges.
- 4. The applicant must submit this questionaire, listing their music experiences in the past, their present involvement with music and their future plans in a music career.
- 5. Include a written recommendation from your PHMTA teacher.
- 6. All applications, recommendations, “taped performance” and other applying necessities must be submitted before : Date to be determined to the Community Foundation of St. Clair County.
- 7. All information is posted on http://www.stclairfoundation.org and applications must be sent to the foundation.
For additional information contact Marcia Collins at (810) 984-8046.
This scholarship requires a special application- application is available above.