Discover The Blue Campaign
Posted on June 2, 2011
A series of Downtown Summits coordinated by the Blue Water Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, St. Clair Chamber of Commerce, Marine City Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Alliance (EDA) have resulted in a desire by participants to expand the “Discover the Blue” campaign.
These new efforts will include a regional cross marketing focus for the nine participating communities in the Blue Water Region from Clay to Port Austin, covering 140 miles of shoreline.
The Community Foundation of St. Clair County has provided annual grants for the campaign since it was launched in 2008 and continues to be a financial partner with a recent grant of $12,000. Follow-up meetings with the Downtown Summit participants later this year will explore additional opportunities for collaboration.
The Warm Weather Cross Marketing campaign will encompass the following:
- A Resource Guide- on the nine communities’ must-see locations.
- 1,000 Buttons- asking the question “Have you Discovered the Blue?”.
- Table Tents- listing special events on one side and “Discover the Blue” branding on the other.
- 3,000 Tote Bags- for visiting boaters with informational guides on the Blue Water Region.
- Flat Screen Televisions- placed in heavy traffic locations, displaying the region’s amenities.
More complete information is available at BlueWater.org