Creating a Kindergarten through College Pipeline in St. Clair County
A broad coalition of organizations in St. Clair County is implementing the first coordinated effort to increase the number of students graduating from high school and pursuing at least an associate's degree.
The College Pathway will begin in Kindergarten and continue through elementary, middle school and high school years. Special emphasis will be placed on key transitional years: entering middle school, entering high school, preparing for college as a junior or senior in high school, and the first year of college.
Goals & Objectives
- Increase the percentage of students graduating from high school and successfully completing at least an associate's degree within St. Clair County
- Place special emphasis on at-risk students and those who may be first generation college students within their families.
- Eliminate the financial burden of paying for an associate's degree in St. Clair County
- Enable more students to successfully pursue a bachelor's degree
Uncovering Existing Financial Aid & Resources
Through a College Access pilot program planned to launch in the winter of 2008/09 at Port Huron High School and through the Higher Education Consultant at RESA, the partners of this coalition will increase the level of financial aid and scholarships utilized by graduating high school seniors.
Changing our Value & Appreciation for a College Degree
It is important that our community values, appreciates and understands the career and financial advantages of having some type of college degree. Through an ongoing public relations campaign, traditional and emerging media will be used to promote the value of a college degree to the general public in addition to students and parents.
A St. Clair County Promise
The Community Foundation of St. Clair County is exploring the financial feasibility of creating a "Promise" program that will provide full tuition for any graduating high school senior interested in pursuing an associate's degree in St. Clair County.
Need more information?
For additional details please call (810) 984-4761.
- Algonac Community Schools
- Baker College
- Capac School District
- Community Foundation of St. Clair County
- East China Schools
- Economic Development Alliance
- Memphis School District
- Marysville Public Schools
- Port Huron Area School District
- St. Clair County Community College
- St. Clair County RESA
- Yale School District